Saturday, November 12, 2011

Blueberry Muffin



 I have this recipe from Dorothy's Cooking School cook book for a long time . This is one recipe that I really like .Very easy to bake and my kids loves it.

Blueberry Muffin Recipe

Muffins:
3/4 cup granulated white sugar
1/2 cup fresh milk
1/4 cup butter
1 whole big egg
2 cups sifter all purpose flour
2 tsps sifted baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1 cup fresh blueberries

Streusel Topping:
1/4  cup granulated white sugar
13 cup sifted all purpose flour
1/4 cup butter
1/2 tsp cinnamon powder

1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Line 12 cupcake with baking paper cups.
2. To prepare the streusel topping,combine all the ingredients in the mixing bowl .Keep in the freezer until needed.
3. In a mixing bowl ,combine sugar,milk,softened butter, and egg. Beat at low speed until blended.Pour in the flour,baking powder and salt.Continue beating at low speed until the batter is thick and heavy.
4. Gently fold in the blueberries using the rubber scraper.
5. Divide the batter equally(3/4 full) on the prepared molders.Get the streusel topping from the freezer and crumble with your finger.Generously top the muffins with this mixture.
6. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.



8 comments:

  1. wow I wish I can bake also like that, I had dream of baking cheese cake

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've always wanted to try baking but I still don't have my own oven at home.

    My kids would surely love a home made muffin. (Plus! It's cheaper too than buying one at the store!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I miss baking...but I still need to work on my muffins. Maybe I'll try this one next time. Thanks for sharing!

    which reminds me I have to go buy my ingredients in time for Christmas giveaways :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so yummy, I just want to grab a bite :)I hope I'd be able to bake some goodies like this for my kiddos. The blueberry...reminds me of my fave blueberry cheesecake... huhu.. cravings!:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow, how i miss baking. last i did was about 10 years ago ! how i wish i will have a new oven and will try your blueberry muffin recipe. sure it's yummy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. hmm looks yummy!! i wish i can bake n dn kaso tatamad ako :)) ehehhehe hangang ready mix lang kme ng mga bata

    ReplyDelete
  7. i think this is the first time im interested in making muffins.. i wanna try this..
    thanks for the good recipe

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's been ages since I've had this. My mom used to bake us these for breakfast. I feel nostalgic :)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are highly appreciated. Thank you!