Monday, January 9, 2012

Beef Humba



My husband is a picky eater.As an american, he used to eat instant food from the box or in can. When I introduced him to Filipino way of cooking from scratch he was amazed and couldn't believe it. For us it is normal but for him or for the Americans it is a  big deal. To cook like a chef or as he was always saying "a gourmet chef" is something. His tongue is not familiar with our food so I tried so much to cook  it according to his taste but in a Filipino way. Humba is one  of  his favorite dish. I used beef instead of pork for this recipe.


Ingredients:
  • 1 kilo beef - cut into small pieces or slice.
  • 1/2 cup vinegar
  • 1 cup water
  • 3 tbsp soy sauce
  • 3 tbsp brown sugar
  • 3 cloves minced garlic
  • 1 sprig oregano
  • 2 bay leaf
  • 2 tbsp black beans or tausi ( adjust the salt if you used salted black beans)
  • 2 tbsp fat or cooking oil.
  • salt and pepper to taste.
  • 2 tbsp white wine(optional)
Mix all the ingredients except  black beans and cook until beef is tender. Add more water if needed. Lastly, add the tausi/black beans.Season to taste. Serve hot.


18 comments:

  1. huh? pwede pala ang beef sa humba? oi, looks yummy sis huh.. ^^

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also love food! ;) good thing you're putting in the recipe. More power po.

    foodiescape.tumblr.com ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. drain excess oil if any, i don't want to raise my cholesterol levels.. leave the sauce and serve with hot rice-yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow yummy! Need lots of steaming hot rice for this :) Visiting from FTF!

    ReplyDelete
  5. likewise, ganon din si hubby...frozen or d kaya take out...ehehhee!

    pede pala ang beef...interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  6. extra rice lang ang katapat nito. hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yummy! I usually cook pork humba; I haven't tried using beef, but I should try your recipe soon. Thanks for sharing! Here's my FTF entry: http://www.delightmyappetite.com/2012/01/food-trip-friday-nasi-lemak/

    ReplyDelete
  8. so easy to make, thanks for sharing that recipe. visiting from FTF!

    ReplyDelete
  9. pwede pala beef? we normall use pork :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. i haven't tasted beef humba, too.:p
    i like the sweetness of humba aat ang taba ng baboy na super tender.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good thing he likes Filipino food. Wait, Beef Humba is like Adobo but has beef as main ingredient, right?

    ReplyDelete
  12. My non-Pinoy hubby loves humba too! We first had it in Dumaguete and he requested me to learn the recipe. Haha. Haven't tried the beef version as well.

    ReplyDelete
  13. matagal tagal na ko di nakapagluto ng humba.. it's about time for me to try again cooking this one. i'll try beef too.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This looks delicious! Your husband is so lucky at nakatagpo sya ng magaling magluto!

    ReplyDelete
  15. delish...and am drooling too, one of my fave foods too :-) visiting from Food Trip Friday, hope that you can return the visit too

    http://www.jessysadventure.com/2012/01/my-husbands-dinner-for-work.html

    ReplyDelete
  16. i missed eating filipino foods! yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I have to try this. This is my mom's favorite handa. hehe I think it's time that I try also. :) bookmarked!

    ReplyDelete
  18. the first time I heard about beef humba. hmm. but pork humba is my fave. it serves as my stepdad's peace offering everytime mag-aaway kami. haha!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are highly appreciated. Thank you!