Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Pancit Palabok ( Pancit Malabon )


At last, I was able to cook Palabok for lunch today. My little boy named it Palabok Spaghetti. I thought he's not gonna like it but it turned out a winner in his taste buds. The palabok noodles and palabok mix are one of the Filipino food stuff that I ordered last month. For a quick palabok sauce, there are ready mix packs available in the market. It is cheaper and saves you a lot of time preparing. Just follow the package direction to get the best sauce consistency. Here is my improvised version.


Ingredients:

  • 1 pack palabok gravy mix
  • 2 1/4 cups water
  • 227 g or 1 pack palabok noodles ( luglug/ cornstarch stick)
  • 1 can tuna chunks in water (142 g), squeezed to remove the water.
  • 5 tbsp crushed chicharon, pork or chicken rind
  • 2-3 hard boiled eggs,sliced for toppings
  • 1 stalk green/spring onions, chopped
  • 3 cloves garlic, minced
  • 3 tbsp cooking oil
  • 1 egg, slightly beaten
  • lemon for garnishing
  • salt and pepper to taste




Directions:

1. Cook noodles according to package directions. Strain and set aside.
2. Heat cooking oil, add in minced garlic, cook until golden brown. Set Aside.
3. In the same pan, fry shrimp and squid. Set aside
4. In a clean, dry pan, fry the tuna chunks to remove excess water and cook until golden brown.
5. In a sauce pan, dissolve palabok gravy mix in water.
6. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly until the sauce thickens. Add beaten egg while stirring before turning of the fire. Add salt and pepper according to your taste.
7. Assemble all the ingredients in one plate. Squeeze lemon or calamansi juice and add in a drop of fish to taste.
8. Enjoy eating

Note: For  a special palabok, you can add mushroom sauce mix  to the palabok gravy sauce instead of rice flour.


11 comments:

  1. I love pancit specially palabok and I have always wondered how I can make one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that's a different variety with mushroom sauce gravy. I'll tell my mom to cook for us one day. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't eaten a pancit palabok for a long time! I think it was last year that I ate my last pancit palabok. YUUUUM! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love pancit palabok but don't have the time to make one. Looks really yummy and oh so tempting .

    ReplyDelete
  5. Will bookmark this link because I want to do at home. Pancit Palabok was my eldest son's fave. Whenever his Birthday or other family gathering comes around , it's their top choice but the problem is I haven't really cook it myself. we usually order it

    ReplyDelete
  6. tempting to try to make one of this its jsut the filipino store in MY is far from our house dpt sadyaan p pra bumili. looks yummy palabok spagetti! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I prefer palabok than spaghetti and pancit. To be honest I never tried to cook it and now I have read your recipe, maybe next time I follow yours.

    ReplyDelete
  8. At my age, I never tried cooking palabok nor pancit malabon. Will have to do the cooking of one of our specialties apart from perfecting the Italian recipes I used to love.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Pancit Palabok or here we called it Pancit Luglug, one of a kind recipe. Nagutom tuloy ako. Heehehehehe...

    ReplyDelete
  10. I haven't tried cooking my own pancit malabon. BUt I always order one from Jaltan's :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. OK ito ah. Thanks for sharing your way of making palabok. I want to try cooking this dish lalo na at isa akong newbie cook.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are highly appreciated. Thank you!