Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Daing na Bangus (Fried Milkfish)


 

I usually buy frozen bangus (milk fish)  for my  Daing na Bangus. I like the frozen one better than the fresh one because it doesn't have the muddy taste in it. I just thawed it a little bit then cut and clean  by a kitchen scissor and a knife. Scissors makes splitting the fish so easy. Make an incision from head to tail using the scissor followed by a knife to totally wide open the fish. Remove all the internal organs and the gills. No need to scale the bangus. Clean well with water.



Ingredients:
  • 2 pcs. frozen bangus (milkfish) 
  • 1 cup vinegar 
  • 1 tbsp. iodized salt 
  • 1 tsp. ground black pepper 
  • 4 cloves crushed garlic.
Direction:
  1. Put all the milkfish in a glass baking pan.
  2. Add all the ingredients.
  3. Marinate for 1-2 days. 
  4. Cover with foil and keep refrigerated. 
  5. After a day or 2, remove from marinade.
  6. Wrap in a ziploc plastic or vacuum seal
  7. Keep frozen. 
  8. When needed, just take it out from the freezer, no need to thaw.  Fry it frozen for a juicy and firm fried milkfish.

18 comments:

  1. am drooling...nakakagutom....:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow!! sarap naman nito.. lalo na pag may tuyo at kalamansi:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. good for breakfast.. sana pagbaba ko ng kwarto ito ang ulam hahaha. yan kumukulo na ang tyan ko. hahahaha

    ReplyDelete
  4. One of my favorites though most of the time I have to remove the bones (tinik).

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like daing na bangus, pero mas gusto ko yong deep fried daing na bangus..Imaginin mo na lang yong crispiness, awesome

    ReplyDelete
  6. I used to make my own daing but I can never get the right amount of vinegar.. ends up being too sour :( for now, I buy Century Daing na Bangus :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love eating this!!! Thank you for sharing this one!! Sarap nito sa mainit na kanin at maasim na sukang sawsawan!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this fish! Its actually part of my weekly grocery budget.

    ReplyDelete
  9. There are times that I love to prepare daing na Bangus. I think it is better to use Calamansi instead of vinegar.

    ReplyDelete
  10. A favorite breakfast food. I like to eat it with fresh tomatoes, no dipping sauce.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Daing na Bangus with salted egg is one of my favorite breakfast and I like the boneless bangus better =)

    I think with this recipe, I'd rather have it prepared at home than buying the commercial ones.

    ReplyDelete
  12. In my case and so with my mother, we like our milk fish fresh. May suking tindahan kami actually to assure us of freshness and good quality :) This fish is one of our faves as we can make variety of recipes out of it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. It's been a month since I've eaten daing na bangus, I love it with matching "sawsawan" - vinegar with minced garlic, sometimes I put red chili to spice up a bit.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my , daing na bangus never fails to amaze me. I mean, it always satisfy my cravings for fish.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Steamed Bangus,Daing na Bangus, any basta boneless bangus masarap talaga. Yan ang ulam ko now sinigang na bangus. Yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks mommy! But you know what, if I crave for this, I head to Mang Inasal directly, lels!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I won't get tired of eating this everyday! In fact we ate this for dinner last night and there's still some on the fridge (boneless variety) :D

    ReplyDelete
  18. An all time Filipino favorite indeed!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are highly appreciated. Thank you!