Saturday, July 13, 2013

Peach Fritters





Peach is a delicious juicy fruit but not one of the  kids favorite. A mother always want to serve healthy food to the family, will not stop discovering new recipes. I tried many ways to serve peaches with my kids from cobblers to smoothies, and this fritter was a hit. When I served it on the table, my eldest son was hesitant to get a plate. He asked me what I cooked. I answered, "secret, you better taste it and find out by yourself". He  to took a bite while I was waiting for his reaction. I just love the look in his face when he said, "mommy, this is so delicious!". Then I asked, "Do you know what is it?". He replied, "Apple".  I told him that it was peach fritter. 

Banana fritter is one of the Philippines famous dessert, but what if you are in a country with no Filipino banana available? Worry not, we can substitute other fruits in place of banana and the taste is still awesome. Try peaches or any available fruit instead.

  Peach Fritters

Ingredients:
  • 4 peaches
  • 3/4 cup flour
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 3 tbsp sugar
  • cooking oil for deep frying
  • cinnamon sugar(3 tsp cinnamon to 1/3 cup sugar)
Directions:

1. Peel  the peaches, remove seeds, cut into 4 pieces and mash.
2. In a bowl, add mashed peaches, flour, sugar and salt together. Mix well  until the batter is smooth.
3. Heat oil in a deep frying pan. 
4. Drop 1/4 cup of batter. Cook until golden brown on both sides.
5. Drain on paper towels
6.Sprinkle with cinnamon sugar and serve at once as an accompaniment to a meal, as a snack or as  a dessert.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are highly appreciated. Thank you!